Saturday, November 6, 2010
Monday, November 1, 2010
A simple Sunday evening meal using some ingredients picked up at the New Amsterdam Market.
- Chicken and garlic sausage from Brooklyn Cured (Brooklyn, NY) - cut into chunks
- Fresh saffron pappardelle from The Ravioli Store (Long Island City, NY)
- Broccoli rabe from the local market (chopped)
- Yellow onion from the local market
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Get a large pot of salted water boiling
- In a saute pan, over medium high heat, brown the sausage in a little olive oil. Remove from pan when browned.
- In the same pan, add a little more olive oil and sweat the onions over medium heat for a few minutes until tender and translucent. Season.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water - this should only take a couple of minutes with fresh pasta.
- Add the broccoli rabe, red pepper flakes, and saute. Season. Add some pasta water to help cook and wilt the broccoli rabe.
- Add the sausage back into the pan and combine.
- When the pasta is done, add it to the pan, with a little pasta water as needed and combine. Grate some Parmigiano-Reggiano into the pan.
Nebbiolo or Barbera.