Monday, October 8, 2012
By the time Friday evening (well, truth be told, Friday afternoon) comes around, it feels like it's time for a cocktail. Sometimes the mood swings to following a recipe, either strictly or loosely, and sometimes it'll be total free-form.
This cocktail started as a riff on a Negroni, but the excitement of returning from London with a bottle of Braulio Amaro Alpino turned it into an even more bitter-focused, herbal-tinged cocktail. The elements of a Negroni are still there, but maybe this is a more Fall version. Definitely, bitter, but balanced and clean.
Ice: Cubes For Stirring
Garnish: Lemon Twist
- 2oz Citadelle Gin
- 0.75oz Vergano Americano
- 0.75oz Carpano Antica Formula
- 0.75oz Braulio Amaro Alpino (maybe a touch less)
1) Combine ingredients in a mixing glass and add ice.
2) Stir until well chilled.
3) Strain into a chilled coupe or cocktail glass.
4) Garnish with a lemon twist.