Chef Jesus Nunez's (Graffit restaurant) appetizer twist on a Spanish traditional classic of bread, tomato, and Serrano ham. This is actually a modification of his recipe that can be found here on Find. Eat. Drink.
- 1 small Ciabbata bread
- 1 ripe tomato
- 4 slices Serrano ham
- Extra virgin olive oil
1. Cut the ciabbata bread into tiny cubes (the size of your pinkie nail.)
2. Chop the tomatoes into the same size pieces.
Note: you basically want equal amounts of tomato and bread.
3. In a bowl, mix both ingredients together to make a paste. Season to taste, remembering that the Serrano is reasonably salty.
4. Grab a slice of Serrano ham and put a tablespoon of the bread-tomato mixture on one end of the slice.
5. Roll the rest of the ham slice over the bread-tomato mixture so that it wraps around.
6. Finish off with a few drops of extra virgin olive oil.
You can never really go wrong with a Lopez de Heredia Rose, but in this case, it is a wonderful pairing. But then again, you can't go wrong with bubbles either.