Cocktail Recipe | Pegu Club
I had the chance to try the new Pierre Ferrand Dry Orange Curacao this week -- and it's fantastic -- if you like making cocktails, go out there and get a bottle when it hits the shelves in March.
It was created to be the opposite of all the Curacaos already on the shelves -- it's not blue, it's not too sweet, it's not cloying. It is: beautiful, elegant, dry and balanced with sweetness, complex. Perfect on it's own over ice or in a cocktail. Try it in a Pegu Club... (recipe courtesy of Pierre Ferrand and sourced from Cocktails, by Jimmy of Ciro's, 1930 and adapted by David Wondrich.)
- 2 oz. Citadelle Gin (also produced by Pierre Ferrand)
- 1/2 oz. Pierre Ferrand Dry Orange Curacao
- 1/2 oz. lime juice (fresh)
- 1 dash Regan's Orange Bitters
- 1 dash Angostura Bitters
- Shake well with ice in a Boston shaker.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Flame orange peel over the drink and garnish with the peel.