- 1 liter bottle of inexpensive vodka
- 3 tablespoons juniper berries
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1/3 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 3 black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf, torn into pieces
- 1 small sprig fresh rosemary, a couple of inches long
- 1 piece of fresh lemon peel, a 2-inch piece sliced into smaller pieces (this just makes getting them out easier)
1) Add the juniper to the vodka and infuse overnight.
2) Add remaining spices and herbs the next morning and infuse all day.
3) At the end of the day, strain out the botanicals.
The gin will be yellow-tinged, but should still be clear and pretty aromatic.
Taste, drink, enjoy, experiment, repeat.