Napa Cabbage Miso Soup
This is my first experience with both Napa cabbage and miso soup and I was very happy with the results. It's easy, quick and was perfect for a light lunch. It didn't feel out of place in the warm summer, but would be perfectly warming in the winter too. Side note - I was hungover when making this and it was an ideal cure.
- Half head of Napa cabbage, medium-finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup Miso Master Oragnic Mellow White Miso Paste
- Chili flakes (to taste)
- Salt & Pepper
- Kikkoman Soba Tsuyu Noodle Dipping Sauce
- Olive Oil
1) In a medium saucepan, sweat / lightly sauté the spring onions in olive oil with chili flakes, season with salt and pepper
2) Add napa cabbage and sauté with spring onions, season with salt and pepper.
3) Add water to about half way up pan and simmer ingredients for about 5 minutes.
4) Taste for seasoning, add some Kikkoman Soba Tsuyu or soy sauce to taste - about 1 tablespoon.
5) In a small bowl add the miso paste with some of the water from the saucepan and whisk to blend.
6) Once the cabbage is cooked (especially the stalky bits) and its at the temperature you like, turn off the heat and add the miso mixture. Do not boil the soup with the miso paste added.
7) Serve. If you like raw spring onions (I do not) add some for garnish.
- add some shiitake mushrooms or other mushrooms.
- add some shredded chicken.