I was reviewing my blog history yesterday and remembered the Northern Light Cocktail. I recreated this cocktail a year ago after returning from London. I wouldn't classify it as a cold winter's night cocktail, but then again, it's not exactly a summer cocktail. The Laphroaig adds such a lovely smokey component. Either way, it's a damn fine cocktail.
- Chill a martini glass (a small one, not one of the huge ones)
- In a pint glass combine 10 parts vodka, 1 part sweet and dry vermouth combination and a couple of dashes of orange bitters
- Stir with a cocktail spoon.
- Rinse 10 Year Old Laphroaig in the cocktail glass and drain (or not).
- Strain the cocktail into the martini glass and flame with an orange twist.
If made correctly, everything should be perfectly in balance.