Monday, March 14, 2011
In an attempt to be a little more healthy, I created some Asian style lettuce wraps for lunch.
- 1 Morning Star Asian Mushroom Patty
- 1 Morning Star Original Chick Patty
- Red onion, diced
- Salt & Pepper
- Boston lettuce leaves
- Cucumber, julienned
- Carrot, julienned
- Serrano chile, sliced
- Cilantro, rough chopped
- Mint, ribboned
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Thai Peanut Sauce
- Sambal Oelek to taste
- Fresh lime juice 2 teaspoons
- Lime wedges
1. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, peanut sauce, sambal, and lime juice.
2. Defrost the two patties, then finally chop and mix together.
3. In a saute pan, saute red onion for a couple of minutes in olive oil over medium heat.
4. Add the chopped up patties, season with salt and pepper, and saute until warmed through.
5. Add half of the sauce to the pan, stir in, and serve in a bowl. The mixture should not be saucy at all, but moist and crumbly.
6. Make individual lettuce wraps with "meat" mixture and condiments to taste.