This sandwich has a wonderful variety of flavors: smokey, bright, salty, fresh.
- 2 slices Benton's Smoked Country Ham
- 2 slices tomato
- 4 slices of parmigiano reggiano
- saffron mayonnaise
- fried bread in Benton's bacon fat
- basil, thinly sliced
1. In a saute pan over medium heat, cook the smoked ham on each side (about a minute or less per side). Remove and set aside.
2. In the same pan, add some Benton's rendered bacon fat (from previously cooking bacon and saving the fat).
3. Toast / fry the bread in the bacon fat.
4. Spread saffron mayonnaise onto toast.
5. Add the cooked ham, the slices of cheese, the tomatoes (seasoned with sea salt), the basil.