Turkey Sausage with Wild Mushrooms & Cognac Turnovers
- 1 sausage from a pack of Trois Petits Cochons Turkey Sausage with Wild Mushrooms & Cognac, finely diced
- 1/2 yellow onions
- Handful crimini mushrooms sliced
- Olive oil
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed
1) Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2) Saute the diced sausage in a little olive oil in a saute pan.
3) Add the onions and cook for a few minutes until translucent.
4) Add the sliced mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and saute until the liquid has left the mushrooms and evaporated.
5) Remove the mixture from the pan and put into a bowl to cool.
6) When the mixture's cool, spoon two tablespoons into the middle of a square shaped piece of pastry. There should be enough room around the edge to seal the pastry.
7) Fold over the puff pastry (to form a triangle), forming the turnover tight over the mixture, and seal the turnover with a fork along the edges.
8) On a cookie sheet, bake the turnovers for about 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.