I was looking for a cocktail to try my recent purchase of the new and limited Tanqueray Old Tom Gin and thought the Martinez would be a good place to start on a chilly, windy evening. Instead of the traditional maraschino liqueur, I used Dry Curaçao because I am not a huge cherry fan.
Ice: cubes for mixing
Garnish: orange twist
- 1.5 oz Tanqueray Old Tom Gin
- 1.5 oz Punt e Mes Sweet Vermouth
- Bar spoon of Dry Curaçao (instead of Maraschino Liqueur)
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
1) Stir ingredients over ice in a mixing glass.
2) Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
3) Garnish with orange twist.