Pour-Over Coffee Tips | Blue Bottle Coffee
Pour-Over Coffee At Blue Bottle Coffee In Chelsea
I popped into Blue Bottle Coffee in Chelsea for a quick macchiato the other day and while waiting for my coffee, I chatted with the barista making some pour-over coffee. Here are some quick tips and notes I gleamed:
- they recommend using different amounts of ground coffee depending on the origin.
- for richer style roasts, use slightly more ground coffee
- specifically, for single origin coffee, they use 25 to 26 grams of ground coffee
- for other coffee, they use 30 grams of ground coffee
- you'll see them pour water over the filter first -- this keeps the filter in place and warms up the cone.