- 6 small tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 kohlrabi, trimmed, finely julienned
- 1/2 small cucumber, skinned, de-seeded, chopped
- a spring onion, chopped
- a few stems of parsley, loosely chopped
- a few stems of cilantro, loosely chopped
- chive oil
- sherry vinegar
- salt and pepper
1) In a bowl add the first four ingredients.
2) Sprinkle with some chive oil (recipe here) or olive oil - not too much, just a enough to "glaze."
3) Sprinkle with even less sherry vinegar, basically in proportion as if you were making a vinaigrette.
4) Gently blend / fold the ingredients using a spoon.
5) Add the parsley, cilantro and season with sea salt and pepper.
6) Again, blend everything together and serve.
This was served with leftover, cold rainbow trout and some Haven's Kitchen ricotta with a few drops of chive oil on top. The ricotta is a rich, creamy addition to the brightness of the salad.