Sautéed onion, fennel, squash, zucchini, fennel fronds, cilantro
There were some similar ingredients in this week's and last week's Katchkie Farm CSA, so there's definitely some overlap with a couple of dishes I made. Both turned out really well with the fennel this week providing an anise component and the kale last week providing a leafier feel.
Both dishes were topped with simply cooked fish from The Lobster Place in Chelsea Market.
- Onion, finely diced
- Zucchini, finely diced
- Squash, finely diced
- Fennel, chopped fine and fronds chopped up
- Cilantro, small handful, rough chopped
1) In a large saucepan, add some olive oil, the fennel and onion. Season with salt and pepper and cook over medium-low heat until translucent.
2) Add the chopped zucchini and squash, season again with salt and pepper, increase heat to medium. Sauté until cooked through. This can range anywhere from reasonably firm to pretty soft, depending on preference.
3) When cooked to the right consistency, add the fennel fronds and cilantro and stir through.
The previous week's version didn't have fennel and included kale and omitted the onion. I also cooked each vegetable individually and combined them in a bowl with some olive oil and a little sherry vinegar.